As soon as I saw this pattern, I knew I needed it in my life! I loved the back tie detail and the dress option as well. I bought it straight away and snapped up the Jessa trousers and shorts pattern at the same time as there was an offer on.
As you know, I’ve made lots of jersey tops lately but I was looking forward to trying this one as it has the interesting neckline that I’ve never tried before. I opted to make the plain back, despite loving the ties. You can use visible binding along the neckline, which I think would be a lovely detail. When I make another, I think I’ll use the visible binding.
The fabric I used was a multi coloured leopard print jersey from Material Girl Laura. As soon as I saw it, I wanted it and thought it’d make a great Romy top. I ordered 1m which was enough for the plain back tshirt. I had a bit of a disaster at first, as I cut two front pieces rather than a front and a back pieces! Such a silly mistake! As I only had a metre, I had no spare fabric to cut another back piece! I ended up having to order another metre so I could rectify my mistake! Once my other metre had arrived, I was able to cut the correct pieces out and get making!
The top wasn’t too difficult to make, you just need to make sure you mark the notches accurately to get the neckline even and layered correctly. Using the binding along the neckline gave it a neat finish as well.
I made a size 5 in Tilly’s sizes, which is a UK 14 and the fit is good. I have put weight on so I maybe could’ve sized up but it doesn’t matter too much.
I enjoyed making the Romy top and would definitely like to make more. I especially want to make a dress version with the tie back detail.